LONG TERM CARE PHARMACY
Avanti Health Care Services will provide a duly licensed and registered supervising pharmacist who shall direct and supervise the scope of services outlined below:
- Provide consultation on all aspects of pharmacy services at the facility.
- Establish a system for the recording of receipts and disposition of all controlled drugs.
- Review the medication regime of each resident at least once monthly.
- Report irregularities to the Attending Physician and/or the Director of Nursing.
- Develop system and processes that are consistent with pharmacy regulations and standard o care, whereby all medications are administered ONLY when ordered by a licensed physician and all medications are labeled appropriately.
- Implement system and processes that ensure expired and unused medications are appropriately disposed of, and/or credited, per institutional policies and in accordance with State and Federal Mandates.
- Verify that Psychotropic drugs are dispensed only when ordered by an authorized provider.
- Handle the return of unused medications in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure that “Emergency Medication Kits” are maintained according to facility policies and procedures.